Scholarships are available on a limited basis. Scholarships may be available through the special education departments of some schools, school districts and Regional Center. Contact the district in which you live and/or organizations you are affiliated with to see if scholarships are available. Below is a partial list of people to contact who may offer scholarships.
San Diego Regional Center: SDRC clients only. Please talk with your SDRC service coordinator for availability of funding.
Community Organizations: Please check with any community/disability-related organizations with whom you or your child is affiliated.
SELPA’s/SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Please contact the Special Education Resource Coordinator at your child’s school.
SELPA’s (Special Education Local Planning Area)
- East County SELPA-Heather DiFede, 619-590-3920
- North County Coastal Consortium for Special Education (NCCSE)- Lisa Houghtelin, 760-761-5120 Includes these school districts Del Mar Union, Solana Beach , Rancho Santa Fe, Cardiff, San Dieguito Unified, Encinitas Union, Carlsbad Union, San Marcos Unified, Vista Unified, Oceanside Unified, Bonsall Union, Fallbrook Union Elementary, Fallbrook Union High School, and Vallecitos Union
- North Inland SELPA– Kris Knudsen or Angela McNeece, 760-788-4671 For a scholarship, please call your school district directly).
- Poway Unified– Theresa Kurtz, 858-521-2822
- South County SELPA– Liliana Armenta, 619-470-5225
- Head Start (NHA-Neighborhood House Association)- Julia Childs Andrews, 858-244-8129
SCHOOL DISTRICTS (East County):
- Alpine Union- Bruce Cochrane, 619-445-3236
- Cajon Valley– Jeanine, 619-588-3265
- Dehesa- Nancy Hauder, 619-444-2161
- Grossmont Union High– Rose Tagnesi, 619-644-8105
- Jamul/Dulzura- Olivia Rivera, 619-669-7889 (or Patti, 619-669-7952)
- La Mesa/Spring Valley- Andrew Smith 619-668-5700 x6202
- Lakeside– Natalie Winspear, 619-390-2620
- Lemon Grove– Bobbi Burkett, 619-825-5623
- Mountain Empire- Bill Dennett , 619-473-8869 x350
- Santee- Mimi McGinty , 619-258-2365